Did you know that 78% of people who had a goal last year and achieved some success will set a goal this year and achieve a similar success? Why is that, when so many people do not achieve the success they desire? It can be noted that the above-mentioned people follow a similar pattern each time they make a goal and what they do to keep them. Since we want you to achieve your goals lets look at what makes it work for others.
1. Make the goal specific. Like: I want to go to the gym to lose a specific weight, or run a specific distance, or be at the gym a specific amount of time.
2. Set a long term goal and short goals to meet the larger goal.
3. Rewards! Each time you have small results, reward yourself somehow. Lose a few pounds and rent a movie as a reward, etc. Have a large reward waiting for you if you meet your goal. You might have noticed this with some tv shows. They will set 2 different large goals in front of them throughout the year and if they achieve that they get the reward. You can do the same thing, maybe set the reward as the vacation for this next year.
4. Make all the small goals reachable, but hard enough that you have to work to achieve them.
5. Make the larger goal known to others. Ones who have been successful with their goals most had help from people around them, like: friends, workmates, family others at the gym, or a personal trainer. Good support will get you going the right way. If you find yourself struggling, stop into the gym, talk to our staff, we would love to help you regain the confidence to reach your goal or help you to reset a goal if needed.
If you plan to have a goal this year, we want you to be a success. We will be there for you.